11 Hours Of Free Rob Mackillop Music

Rob MacKillop

Edinburgh Correspondent
Yup, here it is, some of it dating back 15 years or so:

https://soundcloud.com/robmackillop/sets

Various instruments...from lutes to 19th-century gut-strung fretless banjos, to modern steel-strung guitar in alternative tunings.

A lot of it used to be on sale as CDs which are no longer available. None of it was done for financial gain, and little gained. So, I'm happy to share.

The hures of Cavan but what a brilliant resource this should turn out to be. A certain reference point for students and anyone interested in stringed instruments. And all in one place and great sound quality.
So many styles and so many different instruments and lovely melodies. Like the inclusion of the Early music and voice too.
I've added it to my favourites for many return visits. Good on you and thanks for making this available Rob.

Thanks, Tom, and Glenn too. I just have an insatiable appetite for finding music and instruments people leave behind. I can't describe the feeling I get when I'm the first person in a hundred - or hundreds of years - to hear a tune, played on an instrument of the type it was written for. That's addictive. And it's also a great feeling when other people today take pleasure in what I dig up. Send the link to friends, if you feel so moved.

A lovely gesture Rob.

Sitting in front of an oak fire, gently sipping a rather interesting Laphroaig Triple Wood and listening to some delightful music with Archie, my 11 month old Rottweiler, fast asleep on my lap.

( I'll put yours on later:D).

I have enjoyed your playing and shall continue to do so for many hours at the right time, because I took the liberty of downloading quite a few Rob. Exellent work again, thank you. Love the lute too.:):):)

Back