2012 National Geographic Photo Contest Rules

Chris Dodkin

West Coast Correspondent
Looks like anyone can enter this competition, as long as you're of voting age, and don't live in Cuba, Iran, New Jersey, North Korea, the Province of Quebec, Sudan, Syria or Vermont. (strange list!)

oryx-namibia-dunes_59554_990x410.jpg

National Geographic Photo Contest 2012 - National Geographic Magazine

The Grand Prize Winner will receive $10,000 and a trip to National Geographic headquarters in Washington, D.C., to participate in the annual National Geographic Photography Seminar in January 2013: A behind-the-scenes experience like none other.

There are three categories: people, places, and nature.

They note - Please submit images that accurately reflect the captured moment in time. In other words, keep it real. i.e. NO HDR! :p

Anyone up for entering?

We certainly have the talent on the forum to take this on, I'm thinking...

not sure, i think mine be outwith their remit, and not good enough apart from anything else lol

Do they really have antelopes on Mars?! ;)

As you say, a strange list but I'm sure New Jersey and Vermont are hotbeds of something. Maybe hot beds.

Probably not my thing but there are certainly some folks here who could enter.

Last edited:
i don't live in new jersey, but we do share one roadway and a ferry route with them. think i'm too infected to enter? i'll check out the rules and such later on tonight. sounds promising. wow, i'd get to travel all the way to washington d.c.!!!

Back