A book at Bed Time

Vic Shaw

I have no idea what this is about! I was just sorting out some old files and thought I'd mess around with this. It looked good in PS but it don't look so good now, but hey ho posting it any way. I could have stuck the RAW up but Pete would be breaking the law if he down loaded it!

DSC05587.jpg

Vic

Yeah I think your right about a crop, it looked ok in PS then when I up loaded it I thought then it could do with a crop. Did not consider a square crop though, but that's a thought. it does seem to have crop potential

I used BBP to get the basic look, then on top of this I added a yellow fill layer set to overlay. I wanted yellow to be used as it's the colour of the stars. Then 2 textured layers were added. One a orange material looking texture the other being a book cover texture. The book texture was turned to B&W and contrast was turned way up. Next a slight Vignette was added.

To be honest I didn't really know what to do with this, It's taken in the Turbine Hall at Tate Modern it was a weird installation loads of iron beds with books chained to them, so I should have really got a shot showing more of the beds. I guess there was to many people milling about for me to do this( or maybe I didn't think of it at the time).

I wasn't worried about the slant as it adds a little to it I think (just in case Darren says anything)

Back