Critique Welcomed A Montana Farmer

Brian Moore

As I mentioned in a previous post the sight of the Anaconda Smokestack from a distance caused me to detour toward the town of Anaconda, Montana. On the outskirts of the town I was lucky enough to witness this farmer preparing a hillside. I was even more lucky in that I was able to pull safely off the highway and park and get my camera and take up a position to capture this picture.

(Canon 5 DSR with Canon 24-105L)

Here he is a short time later with the smokestack popped up behind the hillside.

What an interesting view. The simplicity of there first and the way the rise of the hill allows such a striking interaction with the sky (almost superimposed) is my favourite: I also like the warmer tones.
Thanks Pete. I specifically wanted a picture of him with only the sky as background. He kept moving though so I thought I might as well get him with the smokestack behind, also. I included it here just for reference.

As I mentioned in a previous post the sight of the Anaconda Smokestack from a distance caused me to detour toward the town of Anaconda, Montana. On the outskirts of the town I was lucky enough to witness this farmer preparing a hillside. I was even more lucky in that I was able to pull safely off the highway and park and get my camera and take up a position to capture this picture.

(Canon 5 DSR with Canon 24-105L)

Here he is a short time later with the smokestack popped up behind the hillside.

They are to me just great. Nothing less, quite a lot Moore.

Back