A Winter Sprite

They sneak in at night to steal the Xmas biscuits I think.

Xmas%20Sprite-1_zpsclswxflf.jpg~original

5x4 Speed Graphic plus 7" Aero Ektar, ISO 160 New55 Film, 1/30s at f1:2.5. PP in LR / Nik ColorFX Pro 4 (border etc).

The positive had a streak on it so I mottled that area using water and then photographed it to produce this print. The negative is clean.

I believe he is offering a reward!

Thanks Brian. Out of shots this was the best. And, in fact, only one of two that came out. One I messed up but one was completely fogged (no idea how that happened) and in one the developer pouch failed to open. Grrr! This is one of my last boxes of the early batches and I hope the new (and 50 ISO) material is a bit more reliable. I might get a chance to do some more this this week.

Looking forward to seeing what you get, Pete. This image is very classy and mysterious. The corrosion just ads to its quality, as does the OOF. It's wonderful stuff.

Thanks, Brian. The DoF on the Ektar is pretty damn minimal and I forgot to bring a loupe home! I switched lens for the final shot but that's the one where the developer stayed resolutely in its pouch! :(
And yet the Ektar image works wonderfully. I wouldn't change a thing.

Back