Advice Re Quality Print (?)

Peter McCullough

Ok, I'm looking advice please as I fancy enlarging one of my floral images, but not sure who to use Pro-Lab wise regards a quality print.....(?)

Something like a 20"x16" or maybe slightly bigger. Maybe not on canvas but something like the print mounted onto a 5mm board or something like that, any advice most welcome.

It's for this image;

Dreamy
by Peter McCullough Photography, on Flickr

Thanks;
Peter

Peter - I know very little about printing, other than what I learned from doing an exhibition a few years ago. For my colour images I had Cibachrome prints and the saturation was superb! They also last indefinitely. Of course, you can't get those now, but Digitalab do a similar process I believe. I did a test print a few years ago and there was no problem with colour profiles. They just told me to get the image as I wanted on my calibrated monitor and all would be well. And it was. The process is called Fujiflex :)

I suspect that because you have a mix of saturated colours and pastel tones some printers may struggle unless they have a large colour inkset. In the past I have asked the printers to print a small section of the image full size on a test strip (they print about 1" of the image). If they do this for a couple of papers you can approve the proof before going ahead.

Back