Air Struck by NATO

Paul Lange

The road from Benghazi to Brega is littered with burnt out wrecks of tanks and other armour. During the uprising Gadaffi sent a convoy of troops and armour that was around 160KM long to Benghazi to literally flatten the place. Nato stepped (flew) in and pretty much hammered everything. What was usable afterwards I presume the freedom fighters appropriated.

DSCN1664.jpg

Great shot paul..
I'm interested in the shot details that you used in order to create this great piece. :)
It must of been very bright out there.

Cheers Pete & Dan.

Pete, Got back on Friday from a two week trip out there.

Dan, I used shutter priority and ISO 400. The Taxi slowed down and the driver opened his window and I Fired! so to speak. Some toning was done in LR and I also pulled a gradient down and dodged the top of the rocket launcher to compensate. It was pretty sunny but not as bad as it gets in summer

wow great shot, really different subject, would LOVE to see more like this

Daz

Its so odd that its so recent!
It some how makes it more real when you know the person who has taken the photo ...
really interesting shot Paul!

That'll buff right out Paul - just surface damage :D

Very cool - and something to capture before it gets hauled away and forgotten

Thanks,

Darren - I do have more but not as good as this. I was in a taxi and driver could only slow down most of the time. My camera is a bit sluggish so the vehicles are either not in shot properly or too far away. Luckily this was right by the road side.

Back