All day music event at The Hive, Worcester today

Mark Hoy

Wasn't sure where to put this but the new libary in Worcester is open today as part of Worcester Music Festival

Worcester Music Festival at The Hive | Facebook

For one day only, the team behind Worcester Music Festival are taking over The Hive, Worcester's newest public building.

As with the festival itself, the live music acts taking part will be a mixture of genres, from folk to rock, while a host of inspirational workshops will cater for all skill levels and age groups.

From 12noon until 7pm, acts will perform in the foyer of the much talked about, golden-roofed building, in a sound-proofed lecture theatre and, weather permitting, in the landscaped gardens.

Yes - I was there for a few hours mid-afternoon :)

But it could have started better for me - I took my camera out and realised my battery was still in the charger at home :eek:

About 1700 people through the door over the day and the weather was better than forecast.

I'm still not convinced by the architecture and inside it's a bit Ikea/ concrete ceilings/ awful flourescent strip lights, but the timber detailing gives it a slightly more organic feel.

Did you go?

Back