aloha from hawaii

Jr Ganiban

aloha,

been doing photography for the past 3 years. learning it on my own, getting much knowledge from videos and books but now i'm determined to seek out other photographers to further my understanding and also to help develop my own style.

i live on the islands and i shoot mostly portraits and the streets. i know it's weird that i don't really do landscapes, with all the scenery and beauty of hawaiian islands, but i really can't get a grip on it for some reason...

you guys check out some of my work
instgram portrait work: @aeomlifestyle
instgram street/lifestyle work: @_aeomlifestyle_

hope to contribute and learn!

Welcome, Jr. I took a look at your site and your IG account. I was curious about what kind of gear you used and whether you shot digital or film exclusively. After forcing myself to scan through dozens of photos of beautiful women, I did find a photo of your Leica M and saw a mention of Velvia, so I assume you shoot both digital and film. What film cameras do you use?

Welcome, Jr. I took a look at your site and your IG account. I was curious about what kind of gear you used and whether you shot digital or film exclusively. After forcing myself to scan through dozens of photos of beautiful women, I did find a photo of your Leica M and saw a mention of Velvia, so I assume you shoot both digital and film. What film cameras do you use?

Yes, I shoot both film and digital. My main film camera is a Nikon f100 and usually use a porta or velvia for color and triX or hp5 for b&w. My other film cameras are actually posted on my other Instagram account @_aeomlifestyle_ . They are a few old slr's from nikon, a fm2/t and fe2. These cameras are backups to my F100. I also use an Leica M6 but that is in service for CLA, serve as also a backup to my M240. And last I have some compact cameras as for my street stuff and sometimes a on the go model shot, a contax t2 and a t3

Welcome, Jr. Good place here. Any questions, just ask. But it looks to me that you know what you are doing already. It's a welcome relief to have someone from Hawaii NOT doing tourist shots!

I am a latecomer in wishing you a warm welcome from a cold part of the world, right now anyway. I haven't had the pleasue of visiting your website yet, but I'm looking forward to it, relying on others here:D
I just got myself a Nikon F100 myself and intend to use it a bit. A one in mint condition and a one I am used to, from earlier days. Street and people in environments are my genre, so seeing yours I'm sure is going to be a treat.

Back