An experience to remember.....

Dan Cattermole

Dan Down - The Steampunk Womble
I remember a thread posted by Hamish regards to a poor customer service that he had received by Jessops, which brings me onto this subject.

I'm not the type of person to complain about anything in gerneral, but this experience is worth noting.

My intention to take a visit to PC world today was to look into getting a new laptop, nothing pricey or fancy. The one I have is coming to it's last legs and processing photos is becoming a right drag now.

I approached the laptop section and I could clearly see that all of the members of staff were busy attending to other customers, so I took as stroll over to the camers (as you do) to see what there is and pass a bit of time untill it quitened down..
There was a chap I walked passed who worked there standing near the cameras chewing gum in a repulsive fashion who didn't say a word to me because he was too engrossed in what I could identify as facebook on his phone. (not going to lose any sleep over that)

I caught my eye on the Sony NEX-5R and I went in for the kill.
A smart looking bit of kit wired up to all sorts of security wires. It felt difficult to hold and get a feel for it as it seemed to be very restricted with all these wires (understandable reasons of course)

The next thing you know, the alarm goes off (I'm sure it happens to all at some point)...... I don't panic in these circumstances, I just keep looking.

This 'not so talkative' chap came over and punched a few numbers into the security key pad to reset it.

I said to him "Is this going to happen with everything I look at?"
Replied "Na mate"......... that was it....na mate, and walked off......:confused:

I thought, Na Mate?? WTF!!?? for starters I'm not your mate, I'm a customer in 'YOUR' store!......
I done something I haven't done in a VERY long time at this point....that was to bite my tongue..... but that really hacked me off that did!

Anyway so, I picked up the NEX-F3 next to it, and guess what happened? lol

So inconveniently for him, the sloppy, knuckle dragging, face chewing arrogant chap had to peel his eyes of his phone to come over and reset the alarm again.
This time, I didn't say anything he reset it and walked to the end of the row again.........

Gob smacked!! I was absolutely gob smacked!

From a business point of view, there is a customer who is showing interest in a product in THEIR business. This individual had no intension to see that. What ever was occuring on his phone was far more interesing.

This time, I grabbed the NEX-5R in a fashion with every intension to set off the alarm, and it happened.

He came over for the final time, put his code in and was about to walked off......
Well, not this time....

"Oi Mate" I said to him (have a dose of your medicine)
"Do you not think that I might be interested in purchasing this camera or have you not seen that?"

A pathetic reply came back from him "er, do you want me to get some one coz I don't weally know much about dose fings weally.."

I replied "It has taken you three times to come over here to realise that I may need some customer service from someone in here? basic customer service at the very least would be great"

"soz mate, I'll go get some one yeah?"

"Mate?? Who are you calling mate? Your arrogance and unproffesionality has just costed my custom in this store! I tell you what, forget it!!!"

Off I walked out the door! What an arrogant penis!

This individual may or may not have had the experties in this particular field, nor did he know that I may or may not of had the cash in pocket in exchange for this/these product(s).
But what I really know is that this guy had 'momentarily' failed in his duty as a customer service advisor, but not just mild level.... This was appauling!! :mad::mad:

That is such a funny story, cant stop laughing hehehe, well done for half keeping your kool here DD

My take on this is that i personally hate being mithered by 10 different staff who seem to home in on me one by one when i am just looking ( & playing ) with stuff in big stores like currys & pc world. When i actually have intentions of buying something its near impossible to grab there attention and when you do they are hardly interested or cant answer my question & almost always come out with a statement like i will go get someone and even then they end up go getting the box for the item to read what it says on the side.

The problems is there seem to be very few people who actually know much or care about what they are actually selling.

They say the internet shopping is killing the high street shops and i guess it does sort of, but lets face it much less hassle shopping online.

when i bought my X10 i was passed between 6 people 2 of which were supposed to be specific camera trained staff who again couldn't answer my questions and on that occasion couldn't be assed to try & find out for me.

these are reason i hardly shop on the high street for things like cameras & computer or almost anything these days, i can find out all my answers online, order cheaper online, and received the item within a day or 2 rather than me having to drive 60 miles to Chester ( nearest main decent shopping area ) to have to put up with ill trained staff with bad attitude who couldn't care less.

Daz

Post this here..............

Talk to us | PC World

These days when even the big chains are struggling they might take heed.........sadly this twonk wasn't incompetent in the eyes of the discrimination and employment acts he is simply 'Not Yet Competent' a term I came to know so well as a D32/33 Assessor, and one I totally disagreed with..........it's just an excuse for not being able to get rid of the dross.........

God on you DD, next time tell me and we'll storm the place.....Rock and Roll!!! :D

Now, if you'd have walked into an Apple Store...

You'd been served by Cox' ;)

If it was a small shoppe owned by the chap or the chap's dad he would been more professional (i hope).
I do try to avoid Currys, PC World, Asda, Tesco as the staff usually make me feel like im a pos & i get down on myself.
I do like independent small stores & Aldi, Lidl if only they sold cameras.

Back