Critique Welcomed And the lady looked on.....

Kev Pugh

The Date....4th May 1471.......OK T'was 14th July 2013.
The Place...Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire...............it was, really.
The Battle..Lancastrians versus Yorkies, the Reds versus the Whites, The War of the Roses!

Canons fired on the House of York

TMF 005 by Kev Pugh, on Flickr​

..and men in steel battle wiery marched proudly away

TMF 002 by Kev Pugh, on Flickr​

..and the canons fired again..

TMF 007 by Kev Pugh, on Flickr​

...and yet more steel clad men and their supporters left the battle ground

TMF 001 by Kev Pugh, on Flickr​

...and all this time.....The Lady looked on!

TMF 004 by Kev Pugh, on Flickr​

Thanks for looking

Kev

we do this too, but it's a bunch of rednecks wearing potato sacks and yelling about how the south will rise again. and the damsel in distress is usually someone's cousin..

very cool stuff. love the cannon shots. #2 is pretty interesting as well.

we do this too, but it's a bunch of rednecks wearing potato sacks and yelling about how the south will rise again. and the damsel in distress is usually someone's cousin..

very cool stuff. love the cannon shots. #2 is pretty interesting as well.

Hey, I'll have you know I wore my Sunday best potato sack today and my boots were the ones without a patch on the toe. No comment on my cousin, she's 16...I think.....

Kev - 'er in TMF 001 - you wouldn't mess would you! :D

Lovely timing on the cannon shots

"Now is the winter of our discontent,
Made glorious summer by this son of York."

Oh wait,...he into whose mouth the Bard placed these imaginary words died at Tewkesbury I think. Didn't they just reveal that he had been dug up in a car park, with evidence of sword slashes to his buttocks?

I don't suppose all that was in the script for today. ;) Nevertheless, very nice set, Kev. (Very creative use of old lamp shades on some! ;))

Great story telling and photos Kev

Kev - 'er in TMF 001 - you wouldn't mess would you! :D

Lovely timing on the cannon shots

There were some 'don't mess with me' gals there Chris ;)

Cheers all, it was a good fun day, hot and I only took one lens so didn't get a lot of what I would have liked but that's life.

The ironic thing was that the BBC are airing a show called 'The White Queen' set in the time of the war of the roses, last nights episode was 'The Battle of Tewkesbury'..

Thanks Again

Back