April 28: No lenses! Who's Up For It?

Public Service Announcement: If anyone wants to adopt Pete's idea of using empty malt whisky bottles as DIY pinhole cameras, I am offering a free service (free for RPFrs only--unless someone else hears about it). Just send me your full bottle of single malt whisky and I will have it drained and returned to you empty and ready for pinhole camera use. (For a limited time I will offer the same service for blended whiskies, too.) Send me a pm and we'll make arrangements.

By the way, I think Pete's idea is a really great one.

Did a series this evening with a D3 + Lensbaby Scout and pinhole plate. I would have done something with the DIY camera but we have been away all weekend.

http://www.realphotographersforum.com/general/11046-messenger.html

I'll share the entries properly later but here is one possible. I'm not especially happy with as the texture of the dress (corrugated textile) was lost in the overall fuzz.

Pinhole-1_zps976da711.jpg

Thanks Rob. The shadow makes it for me and I have a few others that show promise. We only spent about 15 minutes on the whole series and I should have added a second light but I wanted to stay with the ethos and shoot at least a couple of test shots on the 28th.

Back