Critique Welcomed Baby Birdie and How I Shot Her

Brian Moore

Meet Laura, AKA "Baby Birdie." She is a delightful young lady who works in my department. (She is called Baby Birdie by Pamela, another lady who works in my deparment; she and Laura, though much different in age, are great friends, and Pamela calls Laura Baby Birdie as a term of endearment. It's very sweet, as are both ladies.

Meet how I shot Baby Birdie. This is my new Canon P. Got it off E-bay out of Japan. Body only. I put an Industar-61 on it (53/2.8) and ran a test roll using Fuji 200 that expired in 1996. That's how I shot Baby Birdie.

She's gorgeous. Such a nice smile. The sort of person you'd like to know. The shots not bad either :) Nice looking camera. Looks simple enough, but good quality. Happy New Camera Day!

Nice shot Brian she does look very pleasant. Like the camera was it fully working or did you have to fix it up at all.
Who says film is dead if that was the case film cameras and lenses would be very cheap on eBay. Hard to get a bargain these days on there especially on the lenses.

Nice shot Brian she does look very pleasant. Like the camera was it fully working or did you have to fix it up at all.
Who says film is dead if that was the case film cameras and lenses would be very cheap on eBay. Hard to get a bargain these days on there especially on the lenses.
Thanks Martin. No fixing required. The camera appears to be fully functional.

Thank the one up above:D that the camera was fully functional. A fine camera it is and all the more, a wonderful portrait of a beautiful lady who to me seems so relaxed, gentle and nice as well as patient with this fiddling photographer who never seem to get it done, due to manual operation. Out of politeness she has to tolerate him since she has to work with such a person.:p

Back