Bargain price Olympus OM-2n - Result!

Bill Watts

In my earlier post i showed my bargain basement Olympus OM-2n, picked up with a dinged lens for 45 euro at Feld Strasse flea market, it appears to be a winner! The meter is just about spot on in manual and automatic modes and everything is clean and working.

A few pictures taken with it and it's banged up 50mm f1.8 lens on Ilford HP5+ at 400 ISO. Chose HP5 as it was a grey day. Camera in aperture priority auto mode.

50mm, 1/60s, f8
OM-2n_15.jpg

50mm, 1/60s, f5.6
OM-2n_20.jpg

50mm, 1/250s, f4
OM-2n_24.jpg

60mm 1/500s, f11
OM-2n_36.jpg
Did not have such good light for this image as when I used the Orestegon and E-PL1.

50mm, 1/500s, f11
OM-2n_35.jpg
The Morris Minor is right hand drive and on Jersey plates! A long way from home! Something slightly odd as it appears to be an earlyish model as it has trafficators, but appears to have later sidelights and rear lights.

Overall the images came out better this time, I think because the light meter is exposing correctly and i developed the film compensating for rotary processing, reducing developing time by 10%. The grain is much better controlled in these images. Probably the FTL images i posted before were overexposed as the battery voltage was to high in the internal lightmeter plus I possibly overdeveloped them by not compensating for rotary processing.

Great set of photos! I think the trafficators on early Moggies were located in the pillar between side windows, and I think they may be door protectors on the car in the photo.

Back