Critique Welcomed Big White Mushroom

@Brian Moore A great moment to capture, with those remarkably odd clouds and all. Very nice choice of framing. Very textural all the substance of it. Now I have to tell you, very humbly, what I'm not satisfied with about the photo. Granted that I am not a fan of IR, and that the split-tone when too obvious makes me uncomfortable, I would have liked a less contrasty, less dramatic interpretation. But probably that's exactly what you wanted to express. Hats off to you for the remarkable take.

This, too, is both beautiful and ominous at the same time. Brings to mind another kind of mushroom... great shot.
Thanks Ralph.
@Brian Moore A great moment to capture, with those remarkably odd clouds and all. Very nice choice of framing. Very textural all the substance of it. Now I have to tell you, very humbly, what I'm not satisfied with about the photo. Granted that I am not a fan of IR, and that the split-tone when too obvious makes me uncomfortable, I would have liked a less contrasty, less dramatic interpretation. But probably that's exactly what you wanted to express. Hats off to you for the remarkable take.
Thanks Gianluca. I did that toning a long while ago and only recently rediscovered the picture. Upon rediscovery it looked very pleasing to my eye. Probably more than when I did it. I realized before posting it that it's not everyone's cup of tea.

The processing does emphasise an ominous quality. A thought-provoking picture, Brian.
Thanks Rob.

Thanks Ralph.

Thanks Gianluca. I did that toning a long while ago and only recently rediscovered the picture. Upon rediscovery it looked very pleasing to my eye. Probably more than when I did it. I realized before posting it that it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Thanks Rob.

So your photo has a special meaning, linked to a moment of your/our lives. I can recognize myself.

Back