Bungalows 1-5

Brian Moore

I work in Torrance, a city some 10 or 15 miles or so south of Los Angeles. Although my company's offices are not old, they are located in one of the older parts of the city. The site upon which my offices are located used to be inhabited by a large steel company. A steel company had been on the site for decades under one name or another.

The original homes in the neighborhood were built, I believe, in the 1930s and 40s to house the steel workers and their families. These are small wood frame bungalows, very spartan and utilitarian. Some of the other homes in the area are Craftsman homes. Yet others are built in a southwest style, reflecting the mexican/adobe influence on the area.

At lunch time last week I decided to walk around the neighborhood and snap some foties of the older homes. These images may not be of interest to RPFrs on this side of the Atlantic, but I'm hoping that those of you elsewhere may find it interesting to see what the old working class homes of Southern California looked like then and now (for some haven't changed much while others have).

These are the first 5 images out of a roll of 24 Kodak Gold 200 that I shot with the Minox 35GT. It was an overcast day, so the images may look a little dull. I haven't doe an PP other than some dust removal. (I hate the Dust Police. [You know who you are!])

If there is interest I will post up more of these.

Fantastic insight to the local architecture Brian. Thanks for sharing

Number 4 looks like the face of a toy robot!
The overcast weather suits them I think! I like them

#4 reminds me of Spongebob Squarepants. Its like Spongebob has put on a bathing suit. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Fantastic insight to the local architecture Brian. Thanks for sharing

Thanks a lot, Steve. These are certainly interesting to me, but I'm not sure how much to others. I appreciate your comments.

Lovely stuff Brian - swmbo was checking out your shots and giving critique.. of the curb appeal! :D

What's with the purple steps though? :confused:

Thanks Chris. Sorry,...dunno what's going on with the purple steps. Sale in the paint section at the Torrance Home Depot, maybe? ;)

More than interested Brian. These are wonderful.

And you have away of finding houses with faces. :)

Lol! Thanks Pete. I was planning to cease posting through what I perceived to be a general lack of interest. (Although I'm not too bitter about it!;)) However, you've inspired me to post up Bungalows 11-15.

Thank you, Pete.

Back