By Yon Bonnie Bank

Gianluca, thanks for that great post! We call it Burdoch, or more accurately the Greater Burdoch (Arctium lappa). I googled your petasites, and they are similar, but not the same. Your Lynch metaphor was fun while it lasted 😂

You might be inexperienced (I am unable to judge you on that) but you are thoughtful and articulate, so your opinion will always be welcome. Occasionally we get people with extremely fixed opinions about, well, everything, and that usually ends in tears and tantrums before bedtime. But tomorrow is always another day.

I can take thoughtful criticism, but will defend myself when I think it unjust - cf the poppy image today. But I would never fall out with anyone who treats me with respect. And I try to treat you all with respect.

We call it Burdoch

How could I exchange an Arctium lappa for a Petasites? It means I'm really getting old! For everything else, I think we (almost)all have always spoken honestly and with mutual respect in this forum, as you point out, and I am sure it will continue that way (until one day I'll throw a tantrum for no reason :mad: :mad: :mad: ).

Very nice, but I'm going to throw a little spanner in the works (though this comment is purely my personal taste)...erm.. I prefer the first version you posted up. Those gorgeous velvety dark tones of the leaves framing the soft creamy underbelly of the central leaf and the little flower heads bobbing along against the dark interior. Still, as I say, just my two pennies.

Ah, you can only please some of the people, some of the time…😬😂 I think this one will never be settled. I’m not sure what I like/want anymore. I’ll leave it for a while.

Back