Camber Sands

I took a little trip with a friend this week and on-route we stopped at Camber Sands. It is one of my favourite spots on the South Coast, but only in winter. And proved to be a good choice for seeing how New55 coped on the road, as it were. All shots were taken using a Linhof Super-Technika V with a 150 mm Schneider Symmar f1:5.6. After exposure the film was simple unloaded from the holder and I developed and fixed them this morning. These are shots of the positives as the negatives are still drying.

Over the years I have found (mercifully in this case as it was less far to carry the camera etc) that the most interesting part of the dunes are near the main car park and next to the row of houses.

Camber-1_zpsiwleck4p.jpg~original

Camber-2_zpssvx18bwc.jpg~original

Camber-3_zps3fcemaoy.jpg~original

I very much like these! Would learn the process myself, but can't get myself experimenting. I think these are excellent!

Thanks, Rense. I had hoped for moody skies etc but we were blessed with bright sunshine! :mad: At least it was low. The negatives look very good and I'll try and scan them over the weekend. It was the first outing for this camera and, as expected it performed well - I have another Technika so it was familiar to me anyway.

Positives look good Pete can't wait to see what you get out of the negs. There was me complaining the other day about having to lug the mamiya around say theres a bit more weight in that set up Pete.

Fascinating...

Back