Carbine in the field.

Wow, much better than anticipated. Lovely softness across the image. Nice place to live too. 4 out of 6 is perfectly acceptable. I look forward to seeing more of your journey with this camera over time.

Gianluca, Rob, thank you, both. I'm quite surprised how well the film fared considering the fogging. Two things I'll need to look at going forward are (a) checking the preset focus distances are still what they say they are and whether I can cope with having no shutter speeds below 1/25th at present other than B and T.
I rather like the wide aspect ratio and that Aldis-Butcher lens is surprisingly good.

The rest from the roll, including the two with significant fogging. The one looking up the valley with a small cliff face in the mid distance had some fogging down the left hsnd side, but s bit of judicial dodging and burning in PSE has hidden the issue reasonably The image of the "Quiff" tree plantation on top of the hill came out better than I thought it would considering I was facing into the light. There is still a fair amount of detail in the foreground despite the high contrast of the scene.

Attachments

• IMG_5046.jpeg
    IMG_5046.jpeg
    837.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5047.jpeg
    IMG_5047.jpeg
    868.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5048.jpeg
    IMG_5048.jpeg
    988 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5049.jpeg
    IMG_5049.jpeg
    939.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5050.jpeg
    IMG_5050.jpeg
    812.3 KB · Views: 4
I just ran off an A4 print of this pic in my Canon G650. Looks superb. Still, I guess it's only a two and a bit times enlargement, so ought to do reasonably well.

Attachments

• IMG_5049.jpeg
    IMG_5049.jpeg
    939.9 KB · Views: 3
Back