Critique Welcomed Chillin' at The Getty

Brian Moore

Spotted this couple relaxing at the amphitheatre at The Getty Villa in Malibu, California.

Note: There are two Getty museums in Los Angeles County. There is the Getty Center in Los Angeles and there is the Getty Villa in Malibu.

The former displays art from the Renaissance through today. The latter features ancient art. Both are wonderful to visit.

Brownie Hawkeye Flash with (accidentally) flipped lens. Tri-X film. Rodinal developer.

That’s really good. A bit dream like, and the curved leading line is gentle and embracing, befitting their relationship. I wouldn’t have had the nerve to take it, but I’m glad you did.

I can feel both the tiredness of the tourist and the comforting warmth of the Los Angeles sun under my eyelids, even without ever having been to the Getty Villa in Malibu.

Last edited:
I can feel both the tiredness of the tourist and the comforting warmth of the Los Angeles sun under my eyelids, even without ever having been to the Getty Villa in Malibu.
Thanks Gianluca. “The comforting warmth of the Los Angeles sun” is a perfect description.

Back