choosing a web host/design/template

Peter Blake

OK, I am currently with Photoshelter, they give me 100GB of images plus private galleries with download facility, for around $30/month. No coding needed, plug and play.

They have a new product called Beam, which claims to maximise image size depending on the device used to view. Which is where they have always fallen short I think, in not being a mobile device friendly site.

So this is kind of appealing but I thought I should explore other offerings.

Photographers Websites | Professional Websites for Photographers | PhotoDeck

is one of the prime examples. I love the big images and next/previous arrows. haven't looked at any on an iPad but perhaps that should be something to do.

what is anyone else using? prerequisites are private galleries, one click d/loads, big images which work just as well with mobile

Beth, is the 64MB max filesize thing any problem? having 'unlimited' storage is a novel concept if coming from Photoshelter...

where I frequently contact Support about features not working only to be told 'oh you need to buy more storage for that feature to work' lol

i uploaded full size photos and i've never hit the max limit. i've uploaded a couple of panos. best i can say is check your biggest files and see if they're larger than 64mb. one of my full size photo is usually under 10mb.

not sure if you'll be able to see this one, i think it might be a 7 photo pano..
http://www.retroreflectography.com/img/s11/v34/p383417541.jpg

zenfolio's customer service hasn't yet told me that i need to buy more, but i often have to help them problem solve. ie, "can you reproduce the same issue in other web browsers?" rather than just doing it themselves.

Back