Cleethorpes in Lincolnshire During 2017

Shaun Haselden

Cleethorpes here in Lincolnshire on the 20th January 2017. One thing I really love is the seaside in the darkest depths of winter. No tourists, no distractions and almost empty coffee shops apart from locals. No HDR nonsense with these images just good clean digits. I used my favourite 14mm lens with the camera set up for vivid colours and under exposed just to make everything even more colourful. I then shifted things around using levels in Photoshop. Crop was 16:9.

Attachments

• Marker Buoy Cleethorpes January 20th 2017.jpg
    Marker Buoy Cleethorpes January 20th 2017.jpg
    534.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Marker Beacon Cleethorpes January 20th 2017.jpg
    Marker Beacon Cleethorpes January 20th 2017.jpg
    428.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Marker Beacon Cleethorpes January 2017.jpg
    Marker Beacon Cleethorpes January 2017.jpg
    448.2 KB · Views: 8
Cheers guys. Back in my earlier photography days I shot only back and white because it was the only way I saw things when framed on a wall but now I see these things very differently. Colour for me in digital can be manipulated so much more than it ever could in the darkroom and so has much more attraction for me. I love to produce pieces on cotton fibre paper to look more like 'art' than photography. It is so much easier now. Also, due to my work being colour more than ever before it makes a lot of sense to me to use the colours to extreme.

Love the big sky feel - Lincolnshire Yellow Bellies FTW

Back