Colostrum

Gianluca Drago

The first liquid you drink from your mother's nipple is called colostrum. It is so strong, thick, savory and rich that it hurts your little body as much as the thorns of a thorny plant, but you know you need it and you drink it to the last drop even though it burns you. That first hallucination of your life will stay with you forever.

(The photo did not come out the way I wanted it to, but I had to justify this post with an intellectual background. However, formula milk is fine too, generally speaking, you will have other opportunities in life to hallucinate).

dc-lx100m2-PAN2203.jpg

For a picture that didn’t turn out how you wanted it to it turned out a very nice picture! Can’t say I remember the taste or feel of colostrum; your memory goes waaaay back, Gianluca. (Or maybe you were dining on colostrum later in life somehow…? 🧐)

For a picture that didn’t turn out how you wanted it to it turned out a very nice picture! Can’t say I remember the taste or feel of colostrum; your memory goes waaaay back, Gianluca. (Or maybe you were dining on colostrum later in life somehow…? 🧐)

Ha, ha! No, I was speaking metaphorically about experiences we have to go through to stay alive, but which are sometimes so strong that they hurt. Similarly, the core of this fat, vaguely mammelliform, milk-white-striped plant hides dangerous thorns.

The photo came out too soft for me and the DOF is too narrow; I would have preferred something more sculptural.

Ha, ha! No, I was speaking metaphorically about experiences we have to go through to stay alive, but which are sometimes so strong that they hurt. Similarly, the core of this fat, vaguely mammelliform, milk-white-striped plant hides dangerous thorns.

The photo came out too soft for me and the DOF is too narrow; I would have preferred something more sculptural.
Hahaha. Your metaphor was so engagingly written that it peaked my interest no end. 😊

Back