Critique Welcomed Columbus Clippers vs. Louisville Bats

Brian Moore

At Louisville Slugger Field, Louisville Kentucky.

This is "Triple A" Minor League Baseball, the top league before the Major Leagues. Lesser leagues include "Double A" and below that "Class A" baseball. These are development leagues for players up and coming as well as Big League players coming back from injury or no longer good enough to make the cut of their Big League team. If you've seen the film "Bull Durham" you've seen a fictional account of Minor League Baseball. (Although there is a real team called the Durham Bulls.) Each minor league team is affiliated with a Big League team. The Clippers with the Cleveland Indians and the Bats with the Cincinnati Reds.

(TMI? Probably! But I like baseball so I thought I'd offer you lot in Blighty a glimpse of American culture. :rolleyes:)

Olympus XA2 and Kodak Tri-X 400 processed in Rodinal.

Tht is a fine image, you have really captured the feel of a game in progress, I like it!

Not TMI at all, always interested in learning something new. Never seen a whole baseball game, but I do watch the Superbowl every year. I enjoy the spectacle of it all as much as the game. Ends around 3:30 am UK time, so Monday is spent in zombie mode. :D

Tht is a fine image, you have really captured the feel of a game in progress, I like it!

Not TMI at all, always interested in learning something new. Never seen a whole baseball game, but I do watch the Superbowl every year. I enjoy the spectacle of it all as much as the game. Ends around 3:30 am UK time, so Monday is spent in zombie mode. :D
"Superbowl?" Come on Dave,...that's basketball not baseball. :D

But thanks for the comment Dave. Much appreciated.

Is a baseball hat obligatory? Will they let you in without one? And do you automatically have your IQ lowered if you wear it back to front? See, you missed out some crucial information!

The sport that was originally invented in Chipping Norton, England? ;) It is till played there.

Very nice shot Brian.

The sport that was originally invented in Chipping Norton, England? ;) It is till played there.

Very nice shot Brian.
Out of curiosity I did a quick Google search of "rounders." To my surprise it is much more formalized a game than I ever knew. Didn't see mention of Chipping Norton, though. Is it some sort of Mecca for rounders?

Thanks for the comments, Milan.

Yes, no mamby pamby gloves, only one chance and significantly more scones! ;)
Still not as good as cricket, where the whole game stops for afternoon tea - that is civilized sport. :)
Two peoples separated by a common culture: Scones and Tea on one side of the Atlantic, Beer and Hot Dogs on t'other.

Back