Couple in a sunset

OK, replying to myself as I am a bit confused...how do you post photos?? I tried copy paste the BB code but I just got an icon with X on it as in broken file. Now I get these small images.
What is the secret?

Hi Chaba,

You can insert the BB code using either the insert image button (and choosing by URL) or by toggling the BB code editor mode ( [ ] ) and using IMG in square brackets before the code and /IMG in square brackets after. You can also attach files, and then you have the choice of thumbnails (that open to a larger image when clicked) or full image.

I have switched the images you loaded to full size.

Which hosting platform are you using for the image links?

Does that help?

Pete

Wow, great first photos, Chaba, and a great outcome too! I think they’d be very pleased you approached them after shooting. That says a lot about your personality. Pity that to get the shot you had to set the forest on fire, though! 😉

Hi Chaba,

You can insert the BB code using either the insert image button (and choosing by URL) or by toggling the BB code editor mode ( [ ] ) and using IMG in square brackets before the code and /IMG in square brackets after. You can also attach files, and then you have the choice of thumbnails (that open to a larger image when clicked) or full image.

I have switched the images you loaded to full size.

Which hosting platform are you using for the image links?

Does that help?

Pete

Thank you. But, I still can't figure it out. The IMGs are there from the copy-paste moment. I tried adding them manually too but still nothing. Do those square brackets on the top right corner have to be highlighted ("0n", I assume) or off. Do I need to click on them before pasting the BB code or after? I am using imgur for photos.
I tried to attach files but the message said "file too big".
What am I doing wrong?

Welcome to the forum @Chaba Meyer!
As for pictures, I don't know anything about how to embed pictures from another site with the BB code, because I don't have my pictures uploaded to any other platform. To upload images to this forum you have two ways: (1) attach them to your post, and they will be displayed as thumbnails, and (2) click on the ‘Insert image (Ctrl+P)’ icon in the top toolbar of the editor, and in this case the images will be displayed in full width. As far as I know, there is no limit to the image size in pixels, but there is a file size limit, which means that the file must be less than 1 MB.

Back