Cs5 And Bridge - Nothing Sticks

Lesley Jones

Otherwise know as Zooey
We bought a new PC a few weeks ago because the old one simply wasn't up to the job. The new one is fine in that respect and it hasn't fallen over once. Nothing sticks though. By that I mean the sort order in Bridge - even though it has been saved as part of my custom workspace. Because I use Huey I have a custom colour profile and I'm sure that is set up the way it was before. It worked for a couple of images, but it's fallen off again and I have to apply it each time. I set up shadows/highlights, so the tool was expanded and the rather extreme settings were replaced by zeros - I only ever go up to 1 or 3. That fell off yesterday too. I'm puzzled. Do you think we have a gremlin in there? :)

Are you using Windows 7 or 8? The Huey (I assume it is not a Huey Pro) is quite old and may not work 100% as it should under windows 8 but I doubt that is the problem. It could just be that there is a option hidden away somewhere that you need to activate. I have noticed that on some software not all of the preferences are in one place and some of them can be in the most unintuitive places.

Lesley, do you mean as in the setting in adobe revert to default? I have been having problems of late on the work space in Cs6 doing all kinds of odd things and settings reverting to default.
then on opening again it is how I had it set out. It has a mind of it's own since the last two recent updates. I am Windows 7 .

No idea if this is related but in Premier Pro CS6 on a Mac. You had to open a file after logging on as administrator before you could get anything to work properly on a 'normal' login. It was a known bug. Maybe this is something similar.

Back