Calla Lily Dark and Velvety

I didn't get very far with my project today, but I did get to take a couple of shots while exploring possible lighting scenarios. This is the result. It was lit using the modelling lamp in an overhead soft box plus a focussing spot positioned to the right. A small reflector was used on the left to bounce some light back into the shadow formed.

Calla%20Lily-5_zpsb6as0j7g.jpg~original

Cambo Legend + Schneider Super-Symmar 120 mm f1:5.6 + PhaseOne P45. ISO 50, 1/8s at f1:11.0. PP in CaptureOne / LR (cropping to square) / Nik ColorFX Pro 4 (border).

Wonderful Pete, the fluer looks as it is emitting the light rather than being lit. I do like the versions that come across as more simplistic you have done, but this has it's own beauty.

Thank you, Julian. I was trying to get some of that soft velvety glow across. I'm not sure I'm there yet though.

Thanks, Rob. I will take a shot of the setup tomorrow and then see if I can get something similar with just some normal household lights. It really was a simple setup and the ambient light was quite bright when it was shot.

Here's my pro setup for the RB67 :rolleyes: Light from above and the front, reflected off the wall and giraffe. These shots, done with Velvia, are now with AG Photo Lab.

photo-3.JPG

Damn, I've let out my secret weapon! You'll all be using them now. I'll look out for a spike in giraffe sales...

Yes, I should have put more of a distance between flower and background.

Back