Critique Welcomed Digital interlude?

Peter Roberts

Well, not really, it's just that I tend to post film stuff a lot more more than digital.

Last Tuesday an old friend and I met up for a photo walk. We've got into the habit of doing this once or twice a year but as we don't see each other much otherwise these days they tend to end up more walking and talking than photographing. Here are a few shots I managed to grab on the way. As he is strictly digital I followed suit by using my 5D mkII albeit with a late film era Canon EF 24-85mm f3.5-4.5 on the front. Just for the hell of it I set the B&W/Orange Filter mode.

IMG_1694 - Reduced.JPG
St John's Church, Waterloo

IMG_1695 -Reduced.JPG
Station Approach, Waterloo

IMG_1696 - Reduced.JPG
Ghost Sign, Vauxhall. Or was it Battersea? Bounderies get blurred around the edges in London

IMG_1700 - Reduced.JPG
Battersea Power Station

IMG_1703 - Reduced.JPG
Malaysia Square, Battersea. I don't know why it's called square

I love them all, @Peter Roberts. Each of these images tells a unique story or conveys meaning through its aesthetic. The interplay of light, shadow, and texture in the urban environment, enhanced by the black and white film-like quality, evokes emotion and invites the viewer to imagine the scene's deeper context.
Thanks for that thoughtful comment, Gianluca. I'm gratified that those images worked as intended.

Back