Don't be shy...

G

Graeme Harvey

I love taking photos. When I get the time, the inclination, the lighting, the batteries in the camera and the inspiration, that is.

The only camera I use regularly (if you can call it that) is my Fuji S5600 Zoom. In terms of digital stuff it's now an old beast and it doesn't quite do the job that a lot of my friends' cameras do. However, it's a nice piece of kit and it's served me well.

One of the advantages of a forum like this is that you can see other people's work and get inspiration from it. You can also display your work and get advice and encouragement. I got the bug for composite and multiple pictures from seeing one posted on a forum like this and thinking "I'd like to have a go at that."

Yes, I get embarrassed about the quality of my pics compared to that of people with better cameras and techniques than my own, but I also like to share my pics so that I can get advice and improve my photography.

So, if you're reading this and think that you're not good enough to either post photos or comments on a forum like this, you're wrong. You're more likely to inspire someone else with your ideas.

If you haven't yet posted anything, I hope you will. It's a great way to help yourself and the rest of us improve our hobby/job/passion.

Cheers!

Amen to that!
this forum is not about the kit you use, the photos you take or the quality of the outcome ... its just about being a photographer of what ever level of skill and wanting to share your experience ... whether that's as a rank amateur or a long standing pro... we can all learn from each other!

well said Grez & Hamish.......!!

There is far to much snobbery around "other" photography forums, were everyone looks down and gets bitchy or nic pics on you if you’re not using 5ks worth of the latest gear.

Photography is not about what gear you have or even how good you can use it, its all about getting out and about and enjoying your chosen hobby to the maximum, forums like this are great for the learning curve and to share experience and gain knowledge from like minded people.

Sharing and showing your pics on forums like this is great fun with friendly banter or constructive criticisms were required has helped me a great deal in my addiction sorry hobby that is photography

my major problem with any image i take is my horizons i just can’t get them straight and no i haven’t got 1 leg shorter than the other....... even when i have edited them i still forget to straighten them........i get pulled for this sooooooooooo often ( thanks vic, laurie, grez & frank ) maybe one day i will master this in my pictures.......haha

Daz

well said Grez & Hamish.......!!

There is far to much snobbery around "other" photography forums, were everyone looks down and gets bitchy or nic pics on you if you’re not using 5ks worth of the latest gear.
im very intent on not allowing that to happen here

Photography is not about what gear you have or even how good you can use it, its all about getting out and about and enjoying your chosen hobby to the maximum, forums like this are great for the learning curve and to share experience and gain knowledge from like minded people.
completely agree

Sharing and showing your pics on forums like this is great fun with friendly banter or constructive criticisms were required has helped me a great deal in my addiction sorry hobby that is photography
dito

my major problem with any image i take is my horizons i just can’t get them straight and no i haven’t got 1 leg shorter than the other....... even when i have edited them i still forget to straighten them........i get pulled for this sooooooooooo often ( thanks vic, laurie, grez & frank ) maybe one day i will master this in my pictures.......haha

Daz
HakubaLevel1.jpg
;)

i got a level hamish, laurie sent me one a few years back and i just dont use it........dont know why..........i should start doing i think............haha

no don't start to use it, my neck is stuck on a slant now take me ages to get it back to it's normal position again!

haha....i was waiting for a comment from you vic............haha

Im with Vic on this one lol, the muscles in my neck have adapted to suit your horizons Darren - suggestion for you though Darren if you say after you have finished editing and you still forget to straighten them, how about you do the straightening first then you cant forget lolol.

With regards to photography and a hobby its something I love doing, and agree forums like these are an ideal place to learn from and get inspiration.

I also don't think it matters what kit anyone uses as long as you are enjoying yourself with the hobby then that's the main thing, I believe its teamwork between the camera and the photographer that makes for a fab image,I have seen some fab shots taken with a compact camera!

Also its surprising how much photography opens your eyes up to so much more around you, well for myself anyways I have noticed so many things now which in the past wouldn't have even given a second glance at, from the details inside a flower when viewing them so close to the fantastic formations in the clouds in the sky above me, this more than anything is what I like about having photography as a hobby.

Back