Evening all, from a typically sun-kissed Huddersfield!

How do!

I'm here following a invitation from Hamish himself. Seems his collection has a Fuji-shaped gap in it, as he spotted an eBay listing of mine for my GS645S ... I'm doing a year-long film-only project in which I'm shooting a different film camera every week; it's forcing me to value photos over the kit itself, by deliberately not allowing myself to become attached to (or even familiar with) any of the cameras I use. Using film again has let me rejoice in the unpredictability of it all; digital has killed that uncertainty of not knowing how anything has turned out until you get your negs developed!

If you want to follow the project, or catch up with some of the varied kit that's passed through my hands in the last thirty-odd weeks, pay me a little visit on Flickr; a bit of description about the project is here, and the library of sets is here.

Cheers! Nice to be here!

Carlos (aka brianblessedisagod)

In case it passed anyone by http://www.realphotographersforum.c...anblessedisagods-photostream-man-mission.html

Welcome to the forum (again ;)) Carlos!
I seriously commend your motives behind this project ... I realy hope you can find the time to share te results with us as you continue with it!
Such a great idea... I'm seriously disappointed i didn't think of it my self! :)
I have (if you haven't seen it already) just emailed you with an idea ... As I said in the email please, please don't hesitate in telling me no of you aren't interested, I won't think anything of it and will be chasing the Fuji regardless!

So you're not the real Brian Blessed then? :(

Loved his work in Flash Gordon - 'Gordon's Alive!'

My school chum Jonathan and I always called him Brian Overacting... for obvious reasons :D :D :D

Oh, and welcome Carlos - that's just a nuts idea you have for the year - and props to you for taking it on!

Perhaps you can post some of the images here and comment on the various cameras you've used?

I had a quick look at your project and found it very interesting. Film to film there is a lot of variety but in each set there is a nice continuity even with the double exposed and half exposed frames that, lets face it we all really like but often don't like to admit as others think them corny.

My favourite Brian Blessed line is "Diiiivvve" from when the Birdmen were attacking Ming's ship.

Welcome Carlos. Why have you deified Brian Blessed? ;)
Hi! I think I'd always just loved his ludicrous, over-the-top delivery, and (as at least one of your fellow posters has mentioned), he was at his brilliant best in 80s camp-fest Flash Gordon. Just had a quick sniff through some of your blogs ... I think I'm going to like it here! Cheers!

So you're not the real Brian Blessed then? :(

Loved his work in Flash Gordon - 'Gordon's Alive!'

My school chum Jonathan and I always called him Brian Overacting... for obvious reasons :D :D :D

Oh, and welcome Carlos - that's just a nuts idea you have for the year - and props to you for taking it on!

Perhaps you can post some of the images here and comment on the various cameras you've used?
How *dare* you accuse the subtle and understated BB of such a heinous crime - over-acting indeed! The very idea of it ...

Thanks for the compliment on the project; it seemed a bit unlikely that I'd find 52 cameras to start with, but thanks to the ever-present devil known as eBay sat on my shoulder, that's proved far less of an issue. :eek:

I'll start posting a few shots from each camera up here from now on, as well as on Flickr - good idea. Cheers!

Have a look at my blog Carlos
Real Photographers Forum - My Camera Collection - Blogs
If you could stretch to posting a couple of shots of the camera along side the photos from it like on your Flickr .. That would be nothing short of awesome! You are welcome to use our blogging fetures I you wanted of course ... And I will no doubt promote your threads to the home page/vintage camera section http://www.realphotographersforum.com/content/category/69-film-vintage-camera-equipment.html
If you didnt want to or couldnt be bothered, no camera descriptions are nassasarily required like in the other ones ... I understand your mission must make you a busy person ;)

As for blessed, well I too like the guy, who wouldn't ... I've seen him on tele a few times lately fascinating man I think!
He told a story about how the Dalai lama told him where to find the reincarnation of his late brother 67 Not Out: The Reincarnation Of Brian Blessed's Brother
There was also an interesting thing on a Steven fry program about how swearing effects the psyche of the swearer ... It turns out tat because blessed swears all the ****ing time it has less of an effect on him! They did an experiment with a freezing cold tub of water
This is crap quality, but the humor of it should translate non the less ;)
[video=youtube;0dBkptLQOwA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dBkptLQOwA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Welcome to RPF Carlos. And what an interesting project you have set yourself. I like the result s so and will certainly be following it from now on. As for Brain Blessed, what a gem! And thanks Hamish for the Youtube link - excellent. I saw him a few years ago in 'Canterbury Tales'. Let's just say that he was in his element! ;)

Great You Tube link. Thanks Hamish. I've never heard the word "bollocks" pronounced so majestically! (Now have a better idea regarding Carlos's deification of Brian Blessed.)

Back