Critique Welcomed Exploring 65x24

Aaron Quinn

Earlier this year I went down a rabbit hole learning about the Hasselblad/ Fujifilm xpan cameras and fell in like with the 65x24 ratio it provided.

I do not have much of an interest in film anymore (even though I cannot seem to let go of the 20 some rolls I have in my fridge...) and seeing the prices these cameras fetch, I cannot justify picking one up.
I recently went out with my DSLR specifically looking for scenes I could capture and crop to this 65x24 ratio.
I ran down to the Bay near our house at sunset to see what I could find. This is the one that seemed to work best from the photos I captured that evening.

I will add to this thread as I continue with this theme.

Thanks for looking

A5DS7459-2.jpg

Last edited:
Earlier this year I went down a rabbit hole learning about the Hasselblad/ Fujifilm xpan cameras and fell in like with the 65x24 ratio it provided.

I do not have much of an interest in film anymore (even though I cannot seem to let go of the 20 some rolls I have in my fridge...) and seeing the prices these cameras fetch, I cannot justify picking one up.
I recently went out with my DSLR specifically looking for scenes I could capture and crop to this 65x24 ratio.
I ran down to the Bay near our house at sunset to see what I could find. This is the one that seemed to work best from the photos I captured that evening.

I will add to this thread as I continue with this theme.

Thanks for looking

View attachment 17761
I like the sound of that. Unfortunately the image isn't working yet (for me at least).

That is a very nice pano, Aaron. (And much less expensive than an x-pan.) I've been tempted to try this myself. If I do I hope I can come up with something this nice.

Back