Filterstorm 3 for iPhone

Thomas brookes

RPF Chief iPhone app Reviewer
Filterstorm 3

An amazing app for a hefty price

mzl.ubsnlfpn.175x175-75.jpg

Wow.... What a brilliant app.
filterstorm 3 offers the most comprehensive and in my opinion the most powerful photo editing suite available on the app store to date

Originally designed for the ipad its more than a welcome application on the iphone. With a professional looking interface it ups the anti on some of the other "playful" interfaces of it's competition, whilst being easy and fluid to use

For those of us who use photoshop, lightroom and other professional editing suites this is the closest thing I have encountered on the iphoneography circuit that delivers a multitude of options and complete editing freedom.

Now I must add at this point sometimes it is great to load a photo in an app with all it's presets and magic and with a tap on the screen instantly change your photo to something you like the look of, hey presto care free editing and I won't stop using those apps. Filterstorm in my opinion isn't a replacement nor is it the new thing.

It for me is lightroom in my pocket. I did mention how easy it was to use earlier in the review but at first for the complete novice it may seem quite overwhelming.

With a hefty price tag of £2.49 I feel it's completely justified.I often pull an image through various applications I have purchased to use different superior facilities One offers to the other....... I no longer need to do that thus saving my pennies on the next half used app.

To go into detail what it does will take all night and most probably whittle my thumbs to the bone ( I feel it's only fair to write and post my reviews through my iPhone) please view my screen captures for a little more insight.

bf9a14fb.jpg

acc5ecf2.jpg

8b006b20.jpg

1265520d.jpg

6befbf25.jpg

0844c591.jpg

2b51c264.jpg

Features List

Ability to apply adjustments to entire image, by brush, gradient, color range, vignette, or selecting opacity.
Send images via Email, FTP, Flickr, and Dropbox
Export images up to 22MP (iPad2) or 7.5MP (iPad/iPhone 4)
Save edits as automations to apply to other images
Curves: Luminance, RGB, Red, Green, Blue, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow
Adjust brush size, softness, and opacity
Brightness
Contrast
Color balance
White point picker
Temperature
Saturation
Text tool
Black and white fine-tuning
30-step Visual History
Cropping, with the ability to specify aspect ratio
Scaling/Scale to Fit
Rotation & Image Straightening
Add Borders
Combine multiple exposures
Vignetting
Sharpen
Tone map (Simulated HDR)
Blur
Noise reduction
Add noise
Clone Tool
EXIF support for JPEG and some RAWs

All I can say Is if your into your iphoneography you need filterstorm 3

Thanks for reading

links

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/filterstorm/id363449020?mt=8
http://filterstorm.com/fs3/

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn you Tom ... your doing a great job of spending my money at the moment!
This really does look interesting though!
... I no longer need to look anywhere for iphone apps!

Back