Critique Welcomed Fire Buckets

Shaun Haselden

During the period 2005-2012 I lived in Pickering in North Yorkshire and had the often repeated opportunity to visit Pickering railway station, the home of the North York Moors heritage railway. These fire buckets are situated at the southern end of the station and looked so inviting during the November I photographed them. That would have been around 2005 using a Hasselblad 500CM fitted with its standard lens and a roll of Fuji Provia 100F. Processing was done by Peak Imaging in Sheffield.​

Beautiful reds from the Provia, Shaun. Like the shadows too.

Thank you for your comments Rob. My favourite thing about this image is the square format, in fact it is my favourite format. It is a shame I no longer use this format but these days I have to make do with 645 which I guess fits 12X16 so much better with no cropping.

Love the North Yorks Moors Railway - it was one of my dad's favorite destinations - lovely part of the planet

I do like a nice blad shot - the Zeiss glass does indeed have a 'look' and despite Pete's strong objections, I've become partial to a bit of 1:1 myself this year :)

I love the simplicity of the 3 buckets, and the lovely pop of red

Back