First official Royal Baby photos

Chris Dodkin

West Coast Correspondent
Not sure what to say really - but not really the quality I was expecting when I clicked on the link on the BBC website.

_69385708_royalpic_2.jpg

The pictures were taken by the duchess's father, Michael Middleton, in the garden of their family home in Bucklebury, Berkshire.

_69380868_019012206-1.jpg

Is this a reflection of the times, and the 'publish anything/everything' mentality?

Magnum Photos commented: "technically not the most accomplished photograph"

Terry O'Neill said he thought the pictures were "absolutely charming"

Mmmmmmmmm [banghead]

BBC News - Prince George: First official photographs released

But Daddy took them so they must be good right?

I'm surprised that the BEEB etal consider them as the Official Royal baby Pictures, They should have called them the First family pictures of The Royal Baby

Like the Royal family themselves, the images are over exposed...

You should write tag lines for The Grauniad Rob - that's a cracker :D

Tim's link has a very though (interactive) trashing of the image by the Grauniad picture editor - they fail to mention it's soft and green for some reason - probably too many other issues to dig into!

A smart camera manufacturer would be offering the royal Grandad a shiny new camera to make all of those issues a thing of the past ;)

Note - the Grauniad have come up with a conspiracy theory to cover the photos

It's a attempt by the royals to appear 'normal' and 'middle class'.... who knew!

I think even I'd be pretty disappointed with those myself!

Mind you in fairness, I guess he may have been a little nervous taking the first 'official' snaps of 2 future kings to be... :D

Back