FISH & CHIP ALLEY & CRABBERS

Julian de'Courcy

A dp2m and some light.
A bucket and line from the local gift shop is all that's needed for an evening's entertainment as dangling legs of families sit on the edge with their children fishing for crabs. Always good to see how exited they get when a crab is hauled ashore.

_P2M4889.jpg

_P2M4894.jpg

_P2M4895low.jpg

The first reminds me of fishing with my friends when I was about ten years old. I think I thought it was fun, but all I remember now are the squabbles and fights between different factions. I just wanted to sit still and contemplate the meaninglessness of existence. Nothing has changed, some 47 years later. The world is still squabbling and fighting, and I still just want to sit in quiet contemplation on the meaninglessness of it all :rolleyes:

The first reminds me of fishing with my friends when I was about ten years old. I think I thought it was fun, but all I remember now are the squabbles and fights between different factions. I just wanted to sit still and contemplate the meaninglessness of existence. Nothing has changed, some 47 years later. The world is still squabbling and fighting, and I still just want to sit in quiet contemplation on the meaninglessness of it all :rolleyes:
Far better to have such thoughts alone as I have often, as others don't often have the same passion or is it necessity? I don't know..
Yes crabbing for some regardless is a competition and gets quite vocal between who caught the biggest, they also never change, they do not seem to realise there is no point ;)

Nice set Julian. Summer in Mevagassey; a busy wee toon.
Thank you Brian and yes, although this is quite a quiet evening. I know there are not quite as many now as in the seventies when we had an influx of 6million or so each summer, which basically means August. Places such as St.Ives today, the streets are packed like sardines, Mevagissey is lucky to that extent, but it does turn everyday business out of kilter.

I like them all and especially the story of how life is in Mevagissey at times like that. The first one with the crabs is something that brings fond memories to many I think and hope. If we only ponder on sad things about us, we may not discover the wonderful moments of good things that happens every day on this globe. In fact, there are more good things taking place in this world than there are bad things albeit media does not always see it that way. The majority of people on this globe are genuinely good and peaceloving. Sorry for such an exclamation, I know that there are sad destinies out there, but to spread a little sunshine is good and that's how I perceive this series. Enjoyment. On the other hand, I still think that the photographer should have taken a step to the left in the first picture:D

I like them all and especially the story of how life is in Mevagissey at times like that. The first one with the crabs is something that brings fond memories to many I think and hope. If we only ponder on sad things about us, we may not discover the wonderful moments of good things that happens every day on this globe. In fact, there are more good things taking place in this world than there are bad things albeit media does not always see it that way. The majority of people on this globe are genuinely good and peaceloving. Sorry for such an exclamation, I know that there are sad destinies out there, but to spread a little sunshine is good and that's how I perceive this series. Enjoyment. On the other hand, I still think that the photographer should have taken a step to the left in the first picture:D
Do you have to be so happily positive and right about the world :rolleyes:. As for stepping to the left Ivar, I'm not falling for that one again :D

Trotlining is all fun and games till that crab climbs the line and gets yer big toe. ^_^

Fishing (angling - I'm posh) is a solitary pursuit, precisely for the reasons Rob quotes...

The photography is excellent tho Julian...some nice social scenes.

Back