Forgotten

Here's a shot I've been meaning to take for weeks, before someone either moved it or cut the weeds down. Shot in the Innenhof opposite the studio here in Babelsberg.

Forgotten-1.jpg

Leica M9 + 35mm 1/1.4 ASPH Summilux M, 1/250 at f/4.0.. PP in LR / Nik Silver FX Pro 2 etc

Lovely lines to this!
I especially like the drain pipe and the fairly plain wall!
I've said this a few times I think... I like reclamation of nature over man made things in photos!

I'm never sure about the strength of the tint in some of your photos when I first look at them but it often grows on me!
Maybe it's just because it is further than I would go with it...?

I really must get into silver FX!

Thanks Hamish. Actualy I had meant to desaturate this one a bit but I got distracted as I was editing a load of portraits shot in the studio this afternoon. I often use a modified Tin-Type in Silver FX and it is quite a strong tint by default (although I have reduced it). They do look nice as prints though.

Nice Pete, I quite like the soft creamy effect ( or maybe it's my eye's, suffering another migraine)

No, it's not you eyes Vic. I often apply Glamour Glow to shots destined for an 'alternative' simulation. The Leica can be brutally sharp and sometimes it doesn't match what I had in mind. This should have been shot on 6x6 but I took this between showers and so the Leica, hand-held, was easier. Having said that, I like the the framing probably better than my original square idea.

Sorry to hear about the migraine though.

Last edited:
They do look nice as prints though

I can imagine that to be the case!!

I'm really looking forward to getting my house on hill shots back from Joan ... I can see me getting into printing my work a bit more I think!

Back