Fuji & Fujian 35mm cctv Lens

Mick Howe

A while ago now I bought an Fujian 35mm cctv lens after coming across one when I was looking through You Tube for some inspiration, and I wanted another lens to play with. So after watching the video clip it was straight onto ebay and put my order in for the grand total of £26 from China as they were asking nearly double the price here in the UK. Now, like nearly all my camera gear there quirky to say the least, a bit like myself I suppose, I just love experimenting with different bits of gear. When it did arrive small package bubble air envelope and a flimsy box inside, not expecting much here then I thought, but to my surprise it was actually quite well made and a different design to what I had seen on You Tube. So when you shoot with it dead simple everything in the centre is sharp and everything else bokerlishes corner to corner, and it does focus to infinity. It took a bit of getting used to as the lens aperture when attached to the adaptor dose not line up as normal when on camera, and it is step-less so no click stops, but all is buttery smooth as is the focus ring and it's f/1.7 with 12 aperture blades, anyway enough waffling here's a few photos.
Cheers Mick

This is the first image I took on Lynemouth beach, the only sharp bit is the weeds in the foreground.Lynemouth Beach.jpg House Brick on BeachHouse Brick on Beach.jpg VikingViking.jpg Approaching Storm 1&2Approaching Storm.jpg Approaching Storm 2.jpg My Test ModelMy Test Model.jpg So as you can see it can lend it's self to quite a bit, all except landscape unless this is the effect that you want?.

Thanks Pete, yes they seem to have a character of there own, I would try an replicate it in L/R and PS, so why not do it in camera. I use the Fuji XE1 set up for sq format B/W and Jpeg then all I have to do is just tweak contrast and give it a darkish vignette job done.

Congratulations on your purchase, it certainly looks very interesting and well done images too. Really like them, from the footprints and down:)

Thanks Ivar, Yeah pretty good bargain if I say so myself, they have a 25mm as well supposed to be pretty good as well but no good for my Fuji's heavy vignetting, but Ideal for four thirds Olympus and Panasonic.

I like the Norwegian :) Ivar will appreciate that. And the brick footprint makes an interesting abstract. Is the test model yourself, by any chance? Fine lens, and a real bargain.

I like the Norwegian :) Ivar will appreciate that. And the brick footprint makes an interesting abstract. Is the test model yourself, by any chance? Fine lens, and a real bargain.
I am so amazed by this lens and also may I ad what Rob says here. Let me repeat; "I like Norwegian" Rob, it is proper to say that you like the Norwegians, we are many you know:D And yes I am appreciating the reference to the Vikings.:rolleyes:

Now THAT's what I call a proper Viking! :) (Check out that horned hat @Ivar D. Larsen!:p)

Great set of images, Mick. I love what the lens has produced. (Of course, it wasn't all lens, as the photographer has rather an important part to play, too.)

Thanks, Rob,Ivar,Brian, this guy is from Seaton Sluice on the north east coast, his name is Tom Newstead I think you can find his work on internet check him out.
Thanks

Back