Fuji Reala 100 - Another Blue World

Rob MacKillop

Edinburgh Correspondent
Canon T90, 28mm, 2.8, Fuji Reala 100...some unprocessed, some processed by Auld Nik...

First a completely untouched shot for colour reference:

I used a few filters here - softening and increasing saturation:

River House by RobMacKillop, on Flickr​

The best liver, onions and black pudding in Edinburgh...

Crammond Inn 1 by RobMacKillop, on Flickr​

A little cross processing here:

Sunburst cs by RobMacKillop, on Flickr​

and ditto here:

Nice Rob, rather like the second then I come to the last. interesting shadows, just find the highlights at the top just a tad distracting, but nice all the same :)

Oxymoron - best liver, onions and black pudding

Lovely stuff Rob - very sharp as well

How are you liking the Reala look/feel?

Love that texture in the last shot Rob

I like looking at film types, I don't have much experience of films. There is a difference from digital for sure, I think mainly in the shadows. When I have scanned negatives I have been surprised by how much detail you can extract from highlights.

Chris - I have really warmed to the really warm colours of Reala. Not as strong as Velvia maybe, but that's good for some things. I'll certainly buy it again.

Paul - yes, lots of detail to play with. I'm doing far more film than digital these days.

did you do anything to number 2?
It looks a little like pete has been at it with the glamour filter in cfx...

Is reala warm? Im not sure i would call it warm, I think the greens and blues are stronger (and maybe warmer) but the yellows and reds are certainly cooler ... the overall balance is cooler I think.

- - - Updated - - -

cooler than what .... ..... I suppose is the question ...
Realaity is cooler than reality

I really like number 2 as well. A lot.

The best liver and black pudding would be that I don't have to eat. I admit I have no appreciation for most traditional English or Scottish cuisine :oops:

Ignoring that last comment :mad:, what a super set you miserable scottish git! ;) It is nice to see some straight shots and fine compositions both. But the processed variant is very appealing. I also like the cross-processed variants and the glare of the water on the sand. How about just cropping a bit of the top of the last to lose the main highlight? :)

:D Deep down inside, you know it's true :D

This is an old thread, Pete. I think I did crop the last one eventually. Nice to see these images again, which I'd forgotten about. I do like this film, and must find some more. And, yes, some more straight shots from me would be a good thing - too much processing of late...

Ignoring that last comment :mad:, what a super set you miserable scottish git! ;) It is nice to see some straight shots and fine compositions both. But the processed variant is very appealing. I also like the cross-processed variants and the glare of the water on the sand. How about just cropping a bit of the top of the last to lose the main highlight? :)
I have to agree with Pete here.

Back