Glasses

Rob MacKillop

Edinburgh Correspondent
Not a great shot, but I've just unwrapped a new camera: Fuji X-T20. I got it new for £720 with a 16-50 lens, which is £40 cheaper than without a lens, body only. I don't know if they'll last long as a company with that kind of marketing...

The lens is the cheapest of the kit lenses. My intention was to buy the body first, then get a good-quality landscape lens, perhaps the 10-24, but as that costs as much as the body, I have started saving. So, this XC 16-50 lens will have to suffice until then.

So, why the X-T20? I just fancied a change, and remember fondly my X100. I almost went for the Sigma SD, but remembered the software drag. The T20 gets great reviews, as do their lenses. My first impression is that it is very small for my big hands, but manageable.

For this photo, I set it on Arcos + light grain. I also opened up with a trial version of Alien Skin Exposure X3 for a little dirt. Both the camera and software are completely new to me, so I expect things will look a bit different later.

glasses.jpg

Back