Gutenbergstr, Potsdam

At last I have complete a small project I wanted to do. At the lower end of Gutenbergstr is a set of apartment buildings from the GDP period. Above the door of each is a different sculpture, quite stylised and very playful. There are 10 in all and here are a couple of examples. The rest are at http://www.babelsberg-studio.com.

Guttenbergstr115-1_zps210058f0.jpg~original

Calling You!

CallingYou-1_zps5930893e.jpg~original

Leica M9 + 35mm Leica Summilux M f1:1.4. ISO 160, 1/125s at f1:2.8. PP in LR, PS CC 2014, Nik ColorFX Pro 4.

The place name has a definite Wagnerian ring to it Pete. The sculptures are weird and wonderful and it is nice to see the buildings that host them. The greens and creams are very compatible colours.

No sorry, you can only link to the photographer - although I was lazy and pointed to the site.

They are by the same artist I am sure but I don't know who. There is no information on these buildings easily available but we want to find out. Two of our friends will know as they have lived here for 70 years!

"Playful" is not the first adjective I associate with the GDR. (Is that what you intended, Pete,...GDR, not GDP?) But clearly there is a whimsical nature about these carvings. Lovely.

At last I have complete a small project I wanted to do. At the lower end of Gutenbergstr is a set of apartment buildings from the GDP period. Above the door of each is a different sculpture, quite stylised and very playful. There are 10 in all and here are a couple of examples. The rest are at http://www.babelsberg-studio.com.

Guttenbergstr115-1_zps210058f0.jpg~original

Calling You!

CallingYou-1_zps5930893e.jpg~original

Leica M9 + 35mm Leica Summilux M f1:1.4. ISO 160, 1/125s at f1:2.8. PP in LR, PS CC 2014, Nik ColorFX Pro 4.

Perfect work of documentation, the association of 114 and 3 (the shouter and the sleeper) has a sense of irony in it. I did not find the rest of it on your web site (I think you should post it all here).

I definitely would like to see more of this kind of work on the forum. People recording their surrounding and sharing it, is that not the purpose of making photographs in the first place.

Back