Critique Welcomed Harmony in Snow

Brian Moore

Snow began falling here on Christmas Day. It made for a delightful White Christmas. It stayed on the ground a week or so. I took this image on December 28th when the sun had come out for a few hours. I was hoping then and still am that "harmony" characterizes our new year. (But hopeful doesn't equal optimistic unfortunately.)

Infrared with Sigma Quattro SD, Sigma 30/1.4 and Hoya R72 filter.

Another arresting shot. Beautiful.

Harmony is an oft-misused word, usually used in a very restricted sense. We musicians talk of different degrees of consonance and dissonance, so really dissonant sounds are also in harmony, just a dissonant harmony. So that word on display could have hidden meaning. But probably not.

Another arresting shot. Beautiful.

Harmony is an oft-misused word, usually used in a very restricted sense. We musicians talk of different degrees of consonance and dissonance, so really dissonant sounds are also in harmony, just a dissonant harmony. So that word on display could have hidden meaning. But probably not.
Thanks Rob. Would "Harmony in A Bucket" have been a less dissonant title to a musician?;)

By the way, are you aware there is a theory that song is thought to refer to anorgasmia - the inability to reach orgasm - or impotence? I'm not saying I agree, of course, but it is eyebrow raising! She wants to have sex, he says he can't, and she tells him to cut it off...Nursery rhymes, eh?!

Back