Hello all

Rhonda Smith

My name is Rhonda but feel free to call me R J. I am from the East Coast, RI. I came by this forum by invite from Russ Butner, another new member. Shotprimarily film in 1985 until around 1998. Switched over to digital and only got to do so on occasion, due to a busy work schedule. Then I had a lot of free time on my hands and got more into photographing flowers and scenics. Dabbled a bit into people photography. Shot at a couple weddings. Russ convinced me to try film again. He gifted me a Canon AE-1 Rangefinder with a Canon FD 50m/m 1:1.8 S.C lens andhave a Canon Zoom 70-210m/m- 1:4.
Also have a Minolta X-700 - film camera with a Samyang 70-210m/m and a Tamrac70-210 m/m 1:4 , a Nikon 88 P/S and Canon 20D with a 135 lens 70-300 lens with 1:3.4 as well. Various filters and extension tubes. Not been shooting a lot.. As said above..But I am getting back into the swing of things, now that I am thinking about retirement. Look forward to feedback from you all.

Last edited:
Post some images when you get a chance Rhonda. You'll find a welcoming and supportive group here. I've been a member for a long time though before today I haven't been on for a couple of months. However, I doubt anything will have changed with regard to the atmosphere. Welcome!

Hi RJ! Thanks for introducing yourself - and tell Russ to do the same ;-) Sounds like you have good equipment to play with. A few film users here, so your work will be appreciated. What does RI stand for? Republic of Ireland?

Hi RJ! Thanks for introducing yourself - and tell Russ to do the same ;-) Sounds like you have good equipment to play with. A few film users here, so your work will be appreciated. What does RI stand for? Republic of Ireland?

Rhode Island, USA Rob

Thank you all for the warm welcome. The landscape is bringing on the Fall colours. (Changing of the leaves- as we call it here in the USA). charged up ny batteries for both Digitals. May just go out tomorrow. There is a nice park not far from here with a gorgeous lake.

Back