Hello from Texas

Hey everyone- my name is Christopher and I’m from Dallas Texas. I fell in love with photography in 1991 after taking a photography class as an elective in college. It was a class where you leaned the process of film all the way to making your own prints. One masters degree and over 30 years later and it remains my favorite college class of all time and I am grateful to have the old school experience of doing it. Like many people I went digital and photoshop in the early 2000s but I kept my old film cameras and I’m glad I did. I started shooting film again 2 years ago and have decided to go all in with a photography project I intend to shoot entirely in Ilford black and white film. Thanks to you all for keeping film alive. There’s beauty in imperfection.

Welcome to RPF, Christopher. Sounds like you'll fit right in. (Some RPFrs shoot digital too, though, and some both film and digital. All are welcome.) I'm curious,...what film cameras do you shoot with?

Hey thanks everyone! To answer Brian’s question- my go-to camera right now is a Pentax K1000 I acquired from a family member years ago. It has a 50mm and 28mm SMC lens. My original film camera is a Pentax SP500 with a 50mm Super Takumar lens. It has sentimental value and I’d go into a burning house to save it. I also have a Polaroid One Step I bought in the 90s and just acquired my first rangefinder- an early 60’s Petri 7s with a 45mm 1.8 lens that needs a little TLC.

Hello from Norway and a hearty welcome to you from me. Pentaxians and Pentax are always loved in Norway, the country of snow and ice where Pentax really shines. A bit frosty here today, only ➕ 23 degrees C.

Back