Hello Pretty Boy.

Glen Roberts

;);)

NewDamselflyCloseUp.jpg

Ewwwwwwwwwwaaaarrraaaggggghhhhhhh - amazing!

Agree with all above great shot

That's a good job mate! Scary looking fella

What lens was that taken with then?
Maybe a smudge more contrast might make it pop out the screen a bit better?
Very good though, way out of my capability this sort of thing so it's hard to comment on the technique when you have no concept of how to do it :)

Blimey... i didnt know you could get that sort of mag from something like that!
Sorry if I gave the wrong idea with this shot Hamish, perhaps I should have stated that this is quite a heavy crop to get this close:eek:.

Ah, I see! I was wondering if you had used some extension tubes or tc's or what ever is required to get closer ...
So what's the original like?
It's quite impressive considering!

I'll see if I can find the original (I'm not very organized when it comes to saving my shots:eek:) and show you that to see how much of a crop it is.

Nice one matey... I'm the same, as soon as I make a new system for filing I've balls it up and saved something in the went place ...
Oddly, my work folders are perfecty orgainsed, it's just personal stuff that ends up all over the show!

Here you go Hamish, this is the full frame version. I think it worked out at something like a 67% crop for the close up version.

DamselPortraitfullframe.jpg

A good shot in it's self!
What is the bug? That's still good mag, or is it quite a large critter!
I'm impressed matey
I must have a go at this! I have a macro lens and all the flash kit for it ... ...

What is the bug? That's still good mag, or is it quite a large critter!
It's a newly emerged Damselfly, the body is about 30-35mm long but the head is only about 5mm wide...

NewDamselfly4.jpg

Ah yeah, i see... we used to get those things in around the pond i had at home when i was a small person
They come out of pond dwelling things dont they?

Back