Critique Welcomed Her Work, And The Artist

Brian Moore

A former brewery in Los Angeles is now an art colony and twice a year they open up all the artists studios for visitors. It was my first time. I took a few shots of this installation, then later I asked the artist to pose with her work. She was sweet but very shy and agreed to do so only if she could keep her face covered (with that big coffee mug). Unfortunately I double-exposed the one she is in. However, somehow it works in a strange way.

By the way, and her work was based on some WW1 writings she had read. It seemed perfectly placed when installed on the concrete wall that she had placed it upon.

Yashica 635 and Kodak Ektar 100.

Last edited:
I think it works extremely well Brian. Love those artists colonies. There are a couple here that open their places each year also. It's always fun to wonder and see the talent.

I think it works extremely well Brian. Love those artists colonies. There are a couple here that open their places each year also. It's always fun to wonder and see the talent.
Thanks, Glenn. Much appreciated. (And by the way, I plan to visit this one again when they open up for visitors.)

Really very good Brian and a nice angle. The double exposure does work well as said above. I do particularly like the first image, a bit of art work in itself.

Wow - everything you do with the Yashica is magic Brian - the layered effect on the double exposure gives such a wonderful texture

Back