Hi from South Africa.

Rudi Venter

Hi Everyone,

A few words about me.....

I was born in Namibia but now lives in South Africa. I have been a keen, ut not very active, photographer for a long time but only really started taking lots of photos and learning in 2003 when I bought my first DSLR, a Canon 300D.

Since then I have been involved in many areas in photography, I shot motor sport professionally for a few years and later spent a lot of time at airshows. Today I concentrate on my first love, nature and mostly Landscape photography combining it with my other hobby, flying, that allows my to visit many places "Off the beaten track" here in Africa. I am also shooting lot of "The world from above" images that I plan to use in a book eventually.

Ok, that's enough about me!

Regards from sunny South Africa,
Rudi

Hi Rudy,

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you will be bringing quite a lot of experience to the forum and, as you've probably' seen there are quite a few folks here who share your interest. Looking forward to seeing some images. And you get some great, great light there in Africa.

Hi Pete,

Thanks! Yes, I like what I see here and there is always something to learn, I do almost every day :)

Yes, we do get some great light, and landscapes from forests to deserts, right now I am in my "desert phase", maybe it is my Namibian blood showing.... But I love trees......

Rudi

welcome Rudi, its great to have some members from further afield, i am sure you will find RPF a friendly place to show off your current images. & hopefully share your experiences & advice.

Back