home on the range

Beth Carter

it's vacation time. and with the way works been going it's not a moment too soon. this was north dakota today. montana to follow.

fuji x-t2 & 16-55mm

29534772223_c382ccfb0f_o.jpg

30079125781_46766d3ffb_o.jpg

29534770873_824ba1006e_o.jpg

29534769983_f0e1eb10ac_o.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, Beth, these are great. The second last is my pick of the bunch - great composition. But the same so could be said of the first. Lovely light and toning. So, what cameras and lenses did you use?

That is a great set of images. Really like the third one, gives one the feeling of the scale of the landscape.

A beautiful set of images Beth. Seems you have a new Fuji to help inspiration? Just love the colours you have produced super superb.

Wow, Beth, these are great. The second last is my pick of the bunch - great composition. But the same so could be said of the first. Lovely light and toning. So, what cameras and lenses did you use?
thanks rob. fuji x-t2 & 16-55mm. i forgot to add that to the post, it's been edited. i was lucky enough to hit sky and light between plain blue skies and a storm or apocalyptic proportions.

A beautiful set of images Beth. Seems you have a new Fuji to help inspiration? Just love the colours you have produced super superb.
thank you julian. i'm not sure if the camera helps with inspiration, but i do finally have time to go out and take photos now. the last few weeks at work have been hell. in the past two weeks we've had two firemen dead and two more critically injured due to arson, a cop had to hit a guy who was driving on the wrong side of an expressway head on at speeds of 70mph. and a ton of regular major/high priority incidents that didn't take out any emergency personnel. so i'll have photos through 10/17. then it's back to real life.

thank you julian. i'm not sure if the camera helps with inspiration, but i do finally have time to go out and take photos now. the last few weeks at work have been hell. in the past two weeks we've had two firemen dead and two more critically injured due to arson, a cop had to hit a guy who was driving on the wrong side of an expressway head on at speeds of 70mph. and a ton of regular major/high priority incidents that didn't take out any emergency personnel. so i'll have photos through 10/17. then it's back to real life.

Really good set Beth. 2 & 3 are my picks.

How are you liking the XT-2 and the 16-55? Have you been using primes too?

I'm really missed you pictures, Beth! What a super set - I'm looking forward to the next instalment already.

Love th muted colours and the those moody skies add so much. Love the scale in the first image of the church.
thanks pete. it rained today so i missed out on glacier national park. but we've still got a ghost town and the tetons coming up before heading home.

Back