How Do I Love Thee, Let Me Count the Ways

Brian Moore

Often its difficult to define the particular elements of the look of film that make it so appealing. I wouldn't normally have posted this image because it is simply a family image, but this one just oozes that film look for me. I love it.

July 4, Bolsa Chica State Beach.

Canon Canonet QL17 GIII and Kodak Gold 800 film. Hand held.

Left to right: Tucker (Caiti's boyfreind), Caiti, Sadie, SWMBO and Meg (putting on a drama face because I told them to smile).

Last edited:
Well, whether by sun and candle-light you always make it glow Brian and this is a fine example. The lack of razor-sharp clarity and the colours that are more of memory born than real to the world make magic of moments like this. The power of photography as a medium of evocation is the main appeal to me and images like this do just that. Your passion shows through in this wonderfully evocative image. :)

Well, whether by sun and candle-light you always make it glow Brian and this is a fine example. The lack of razor-sharp clarity and the colours that are more of memory born than real to the world make magic of moments like this. The power of photography as a medium of evocation is the main appeal to me and images like this do just that. Your passion shows through in this wonderfully evocative image. :)

You nailed it, Pete. (It would have taken me days to come up with anything even close to what you said.) And thank you! :)

Sadie is clearly less impressed with being part of a 'group shot' - when she's more used to being the star ;)

Back