I just made my self a new website!

cheers Brian ...
Its quite a simple jqueery plug in (the same thing that makes our header work)

I should just add that if anyone wants a website like mine I can make them for anyone ...
If you want one pm me and ill we can have a chat about costs - not much, just a bit to cover my time at work etc

I like your site very much, simple but effective. (Looks quite cool on my dual widescreen setup at work, can see about 5 photos at once).

Cheers Ben!
I deleted my old wedding site to which reminded me i need to sort your wedding shots ... i havent forgotten (completely)! :)

Ha ha, better late than never, well done on remembering.;)

smart ***............!!

looks great, i like the simpleness yet it show of your images well on that black background.

Daz

Very stylish Hamish - I like the monochrome theme and the use of the sliding gallery

Two things I noted:

You say 'I also continue to shoot Wedding Photography' which sounds like it might take second place, or be an 'as well' activity - which it clearly isn't. Maybe re-word that piece 'I specialize in commercial wedding photography'.

The second was a single frame (#5) with artistically placed dust bunnies on it - not sure if that represents well on a photographers portfolio?

I agree on te dust bunnies ... I'll take it out, I just chucked a bunch of images in in a bit of a hurry
I need to make the links look like links too ...
If you click wedding photography it takes you to a new site where I also play down my wedding photography ...
Im not trying to put people off... I'm trying to limit enquirers to people who are really into my style ...
I've spoken to a few wedding photographers recently and it turns out I have had more enqieries as a side line than some full timers ...Sods law I think, and to be fair a lot of my enquieries are from chancers thinking I will do thier wedding for £500 as I don't have prices on display! I don't want to do it to that scale any more! I just want to do the odd one here an there for freinds and people I think are after exactly what I do; a VERY relaxed approach ...
So yeah, in summary, it's supposed to sound a bit like the way it sounds :)

I like it Hamish, simplistic and effective IMO.
I think we'll have a chat when we meet next, this is the sort of thing I'm after to reel me away from using Flickr as my primary style advertiser and sorry excuse for 'my' website! Lol.

Screen shot me!
I was toying with using a fancy font off google fonts but gave up on the idea ...
I can't remember what the default font family is ... :/
What ever it is, that's the one I used, there is every chance you have been given a fall-back font that I wouldn't have seen...?

Screenshot2012-03-20at215811.png

Yeah, that's why it looks like for me... I quite like it ... Maybe a bit big, but I haven't for much to say ... I do all my saying on here :)

Back