In North Macedonia, a few months back.

Ivar Dahl-Larsen

A trip to the Balkans where Skopje in North Macedonia was our first stop and stay. A beautiful city with its old and newer side of the river. During our stay here I walked over the bridge separating old and new, and one day with my camera in my hand a senior citizen approached me, bowing down, looking at seemingly my camera whose brand name was taped over with black tape. It was my camera he was interested to know, not me. But as the owner of such a curious item, he had to ask, and very politely he did. Well, my xt1 was the target of interest. During the course of our conversation, the man revealed that he is a citizen of Serbia and came to negotiate a photography exhibition in Skopje and was about to return to Tbilisi. We had a very interesting conversation and decided to meet on the net later on. I had to of course take a picture of him and his book of images.

Attachments

• _XT14366.jpg
    _XT14366.jpg
    910.3 KB · Views: 5
  • _XT14426.jpg
    _XT14426.jpg
    868.5 KB · Views: 5
  • _XT14438.jpg
    _XT14438.jpg
    734.2 KB · Views: 6
  • _XT14896.jpg
    _XT14896.jpg
    942 KB · Views: 7
  • _XT14944.jpg
    _XT14944.jpg
    702.9 KB · Views: 8
  • _XT15068.jpg
    _XT15068.jpg
    949.5 KB · Views: 8
These are fabulous Ivar. The black and white seems just right for the subject matter and I love the tones you've achieved. A great travel-logue and it makes me want to visit there!

Ivar if you end up connecting with that bloke over social media you should invite him to join RPF. It would be very interesting to see what he brings to the forum.

Thanks for the kind words and yes my intention of getting in touch with the professor is to become a reality, albeit when summer has cooled me off a bit and images are categorised😴. This is an answer to you both "gentle men." I shall invite him, but please remove your faces before I do, right?:rolleyes:

Thanks for the kind words and yes my intention of getting in touch with the professor is to become a reality, albeit when summer has cooled me off a bit and images are categorised😴. This is an answer to you both "gentle men." I shall invite him, but please remove your faces before I do, right?:rolleyes:
Deal.

Back